Followers

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Monster Sweets


Hi Everyone. My name is Faye and I'm addicted to Copics. I'm here with my very first post at Copic Marker Europe. I apologise if you can hear a high pitched squeal as you read, that noise happens when I get excited!

So, I wanted to share a card that reflects my style, using a Doodle Dragon Image from C.C.Designs...


You'll mostly find me to be a Clean and Simple kind of girl. Mainly because I can never decide where to stick anything else. But also because I like my image to shout! You'll notice I do a lot of doodling.

For this card, I have stamped my image, called Monster Sweets. I coloured his fur first, it was a big area and I wanted to concentrate on adding texture. I didn't blend at all, I lay down my colour by dotting the Marker down. When I was happy with all the shading, (I like to use grey for deep shade on turquoise colours; N5, or T7, for example.) I went over and randomly added some dots of Colourless Blender. The hat, tongue, nose, teeth, claws, lollipop and ground didn't really take long after that.

On an impulse, I decided to use some Glossy Accents on the lollipop, to add some shine and dimension. My tip to you is this... be patient, (not a strong point with me.) let it dry properly before you take your photo.


Markers Used...
Fur; BG10, BG53, BG57, BG78, T7
Ground; E41, E42, E43, E44
White; C0, C1, C3
Yellow; Y32, Y35, Y38, E33
Orange; YR14, YR18, E07
Pink; RV52, RV55, RV66

Thanks so much for stopping by... have a great day.
Faye x

2 comments:

Becky said...

wow! This card is just fabulous! That is one adorable monster which you colored beautifully. I am always so inspired when I come by here, when I see you in my mail box it is like Christmas. :)

Tracey T said...

What a perfect example of your berrrilliant colouring skills, Faye! Love how you've created so much texture in the monster's fur. Will have to try this technique! Hugs, Tracey xx