Followers

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Tutorial - Curly Hair


Good morning, I'm Cristina Valenzuela.

This is a simple tutorial to colour curly hair.
Within the curly hair there are many types, I have decided to make a curly hair, because this stamps, from Doodle by Creastamps has no lines in the hair and offers me many possibilities.

For my step by step I have chosen the tones E70, E71, E74, W7 and Blender 0.
You can change the E70, E71 and E74 for W1, W3 and W5 if you want darker hair.


First of all I will colour the higher parts with the lighter colour, E70.
I make curved strokes without much sense to give curved hair appearance.

The second, I frame the parts of more darkness and shadow, I have used E74.


Also, with this same dark colour, E74, I add curved strokes to my hair, without touching the outermost part and more light.

With an intermediate tone, E71, I have been covering this hair, with strokes of curves.


I repeat with the dark tone, E74 to add intensity and more curls.


I also repeat with E71 not to leave big holes and to degrade colours.

For a touch of more intensity of colour I added W7 in the deepest parts, it gives volume and realism.

I unify everything, with E71, try not to see big differences and marks between colours.


And to finish I use Blender 0, I add some points of light to this curly hair. I also like this texture that is created with Blender.

And for today this is it, I hope you liked this simple tutorial on how to colour curly hair.


This is my finished stamp on a card, I have used the following Copic colours:
Skin: E13, E11, E21.
Eyes: YG95, G43.
Hair: E70, E71, W7, E74, Blender 0.
Shoes: C3, C5.
Rose and Dress: RV91, RV93, RV95.
White: W3, W1, Blender 0.

See you soon, thanks for your visits and comments, hugs!

1 comment:

Gerrittina said...

Oooooh!! Great colouring!