Followers

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Marbled background with Copic refills and shaving foam!

Hello Copic lovers,

Happy Tuesday!

It's Sue here today with a really fun tutorial involving Copic refills and shaving foam!

I have seen marbling tutorials before but they have always been with different colouring mediums so I thought I would see what happened if I tried it with Copics!

I got really excited when the technique worked and my card ended up with a beautiful marbled pattern!  (My craft room smelt lovely for a while too from the shaving foam)!

The items I have used for this marbling technique are
a foil tray, a can of inexpensive shaving foam, glossy photo paper, Copic Refills B34, BG13 and V15, a wooden skewer, a plastic ruler, baby wipes.
I sprayed the foam generously onto the foil tray...
then I added drops of Copic refills...
  B34     
BG13  
V15
Then I used a skewer to swirl the ink around in the shaving foam...
until it looked something like this.
The next steps are the exciting part!
I press the card down, glossy side down, into the foam, press quite hard until the foam squeezed out of the side of the card.
then I held the card by the corner and rotated it 360 degrees across the top of the foam.

Still holding onto the corner, I lifted the card off the foam.
I used a ruler to scrape the excess foam off the card
After a few minutes I wiped the card with a baby wipe.

You don't need to throw the foam away, you can add some more ink and repeat the technique several times until the foam has all gone.

This background made me think of unicorns, so, here is the card I made with it.
I had such fun doing this!  It would be great if you could try this too and show us your cards at
Copic Marker Europe on Facebook.
To find us just follow the link
HERE.


Thank you for popping by.
Happy Copic colouring

from Sue...xxx

3 comments:

ike said...

Fabulous ! :-D

Sandra H said...

Wow you are so creative this is amazing love it!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

That is SO cool Sue! Love your unicorn card and now I need to go buy some shaving foam!! LOL. Love it hun xoxo